Random highlights of the trip:
- Printed my boarding pass from my home printer! It's like I'm living in the future!
- Saw a Northwest Airlines airplane. They're using the acronym NWA, but when I see those letters, I'm not thinking about flying. I'm thinking Straight Outta Compton
- Why the heck do Americans set up their onramps and offramps so that I'm always at risk of getting into a car accident?
- iChat AV + free Wi-Fi at the hotel!
- BA, you've got one of the biggest smiles in the whole world
- My niece (or second cousin, if you're really going to get technical) Krystal is always fun to hang out with. Hope you had a fun time!
- Always good to see my cousins Ling and Dex
- Hanging out with my bro ... When was the last time we did that?!
- Snuck in a trip to Mall of America. It's a "mall" in quotation marks, cuz it's also an amusement park. Bananas! I stopped by a store call Metropark, and the fashion T-shirts there are off the hook. I saw one with Mos Def on it! But it was too expensive for me, so I didn't buy it :(
- Stopped by a convenience store, and they were selling pre-cooked White Castle burgers!
- The liquor store we went to was called "Liquor Time", as in, "What time is it? .... Liquor time!!!!"
- This was my first time getting really drunk and having mobile access to Facebook. Did you like my updates?
- I was well on my way to drunk blogging when I got back to my room. When I woke up in the morning, I saw my post; I had not yet published it. I re-read it, and decided, "naw, that's not going up". Delete.
- Nothing better than sleeping in a pair of dress pants and a button-up. At least I took my wallet out of my back pocket.
Hope to see my Minnesota fam again soon!