After the wife and I left our condo for the burbs, we added 30 minutes+ to our morning commute. It only gets worse when the new home in Milton is ready. But no worries, I say, as long as we have music in the car!
I quickly found, however, that 4 gigs was not enough music to satisfy us during our commuting hours. "This friggin song ... again?!"
So I try to download new music often, and switch up my MP3s as often as possible. I'll even try listening to music that I wouldn't normally listen to, since I have more hours then I can count.
Here's a small sample of what's on my iPod ... today. Who knows what'll be there tomorrow. What are you listening to? Lemme know!
- Rock Band album: I can 5-star the vocals ... in my car. And I have an appreciation for classic rock, heavy metal, and Seattle grunge that I didn't have 5 years ago.
- Amy Winehouse: This is the most soulful white girl I've ever heard in my life. In fact, I thought I had the wrong album when I first started listening to it.
- Jay-Z: 70 of the 698 songs (10%) on my iPod feature Young Hova. It's like a security blanket, I can't go too far without albums like Reasonable Doubt or Kingdom Come.
- The Roots, Common, Lauryn Hill: Yo Chin, gimme props!
- Lupe Fiasco: His second album, The Cool, is as tight as his first.
- Kelly Clarkson: Don't hate! I'm not ashamed, I love it!
- Aaliyah: Including the track, "Miss U" ... for real.
- M.I.A.: Yo, this shit is wack!