The Raps have almost put things all together, and hopefully TJ and Rasho will come back soon so we can translate this awakening into actual wins (instead of the crappy moral variety). Their offense looked polished today, I felt more than any other game this season that they had executed exactly what was drawn up.
Defensively, on the other hand, is another story. I'm not talking about guarding King James. That guy is friggin unguardable. Someone steps in to take the charge, and LeBron still has the body control to go around him. He is not a human, he is a monster. I thought Carlos Delfino did a terrific job, especially on the Cavs' last possession, and forced a difficult fadeaway -- but it still went in. Besides, I needed James to score ... He's on my fantasy team! Go LBJ! I mean ... uhhh ... on with the blog post.
When I say the Raps' defense was lousy, I was talking about the laziness on their rotations. They were extremely poor rotating, and perimeter defense in general was weak, which allowed Cleveland to shoot 51% from the field and 43% behind the line. Daniel Gibson and Damon Jones torched us with open look after open look.
So now the Raps hover in and out of the .500 mark, but they're still off to a better start than last season, and I'm optimistic that they will get better. Truest Raptor fan 2K7!
- If Zydrunas Ilgauskas gets the ball deep in the post, you can count the basket before he turns to shoot.
- Chris Bosh is an offensive machine. I'm glad that everyone is (finally!) on the same page with the gameplan: Give him the rock. Dallas, Memphis, and Cleveland, he's posted 31, 22, and 41 points. He also got to the line 17 times. Game. You can even knock him in the face, like LeBron did, and he'll still eat you up!
- Anthony Parker's 3-ball attempt with an opportunity to tie the game was horrible.
- I am going to start the I hate Darrick Martin fan club. Since when did assistant coaches get a chance to suit up? Get this guy off the floor!
- Did I mention that Chris Bosh is a beast? They can't guard you, son!
- Eric Snow is still alive?
- Other than CB4, the Raps went to the line 5 times. That stat is gross.
- When Jason Kapono is on, it's on. He put in 2 clutch 3-pointers late (but it was too little, too late) :(
- Bargnani has continued his offensive prowess of late, but the coaching staff need to help him with his defense. Please! Help him! Teach him or something.
- Oh yeah, I almost forgot: What the heck was TJ Ford wearing? His jacket looked like it had and embroidered ... lobster? What the fuck is that thing?