- Looks better. Windows looks ugly. In the Apple world, the hardware and software look great.
- The Dock: I can keep shortcuts without cluttering my desktop. I can switch tasks without guessing. Sure the genie effect and the magnification are gimmicky. But they look wicked!
- Spotlight: I can search for stuff on my machine, and find it fast. I don't have to look at the fucking Windows dog wag his tail for 5 minutes, only to tell me that he couldn't find anything for me.
- Exposé: Find the window you want fast. In Windows? Well, you can keep clicking on the taskbar until you've guessed right. Or you can use ctrl-tab. Lame.
- Front Row: All of my pictures, movies, and music, controlled by a remote, and displayed on my TV.
- No Viruses, Spyware, Adware, Trojans, Spam: Should these separate points?
- My Lost Widget: It starts beeping! I have to push the button! 4 8 15 16 23 42
- iLife: iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, and Garage Band. All bundled with the OS for free.
- Innovation: OSX has had 4 major releases since 2001, with a fifth (OSX Leopard) due sometime next year. Windows XP came out in 2002!
- No Internet Explorer! Well, you can download IE 5.2 for Mac, but why would you want to downgrade?
Saturday, September 23, 2006
10 reasons why Mac OSX is better than Windows
In no particular order: