On the other end, there has been a lot of worry. "Am I qualified?" "Will my personality mesh with my new coworkers?" If I stay, I don't have to answer these questions ... Doubting sucks.
So, today was my first day at my new job. It's good to get it out of the way, because a lot of the doubt that I had is gone. Yes, this was the right decision. Yes, this will be a good situation for me. Alright, enough of the serious talk, what else happened?
- Had to take the subway ... work is no longer walking distance (fuck!)
- Lots of good food in the area of Church and Bloor
- Moving from a company of 8 to a company of about 60-70 means there's a lot of names to memorize! It also means a lot of names to forget, i.e. what's that guy's name again?
- Version control? What's that?
- I had no pens, and no paper, and no idea who's responsible
- I'm allowed to run MSN Messenger during the day! Bonus! Now I can make use of the co-workers group in MSN Messenger ...
- A new guy is starting in 2 weeks. Maybe he'll be friends with me...