- Your full house 9's over Aces is nice, but you didn't think for one second that he might be holding pocket Aces?
- Is this movie trying to tell me that breaking promises I made to my girlfriend, and lying to her, is okay? That it's right?
- The law professor gives a speech about how we should do what is right for us. So Matt Damon should quit law school and become a degenerate gambler. Nice.
- Why is Matt Damon leaving a girlfriend and an education to bail out his stupid friend (Norton) who racked up a gambling debt in his name? And who continues to make stupid gambling decisions?
- You play one freaking hand against Johnny Chan, and you think you're ready to play for high stakes in Vegas?
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Rounders ain't that good
I heard a lot of good things about Rounders, a poker movie starring Matt Damon and Ed Norton. Rounders is a poker movie + I like poker ... sounds good right? Wrong. Rounders is a horrible movie! Why?